Food For Thought: Turkey Tacos
Staying the course with nutrition is often the hardest part of a healthy lifestyle change. And with nearly 80% of weight loss success being tied into proper nutrition, it’s quite possibly the most important part of the equation. One thing that makes it incredibly difficult is a lack of knowledge when it comes to recipes and the thought that it just isn’t going to taste very good. That’s why we like to provide healthy, balanced recipes once a month to help you get new food into your rotation. Healthy can be delicious and these recipes will prove it!
Here is This Month’s Food for Thought Recipe
Healthy with a kick! Food that’s good for you doesn’t need to be bland and this month’s recipe is a twist on Taco Tuesday. Enjoy!
6 oz. lean ground turkey
3-6 large pieces of Romaine lettuce (for the taco “shell”)
½ Cup pico de gallo
2/3 cup cooked brown rice
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cayenne powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 ½ tsp chili powder
- Spray skillet with olive oil or coconut oil and heat to medium/high heat.
- Sauté ground turkey with all of the spices listed above until meat is fully cooked.
- Once cooked, add in the pico de gallo and continue to sauté until thoroughly mixed.
- Remove from heat and add in the rice.
- Evenly distribute between your lettuce shells.
- If desired, add cilantro, green onions, avocado and/or lime juice.
Healthy can be delicious if you find the right recipe! Start a rotating list of your favorites so you’re never left without a plan! If you are looking for new ways to improve your nutrition, please contact us. We’re here to help!