Member Spotlight – Brittney Gauvin
1. What made you want to join RockBox Fitness Mooresville?
I wanted to get back into kick boxing after moving to NC from MA last year and had not found a kickboxing gym that I wanted to join, then I saw an ad on Facebook for RockBox opening in Mooresville and I was hooked 🙂
2. What are your fitness goals?
To get back into shape so I can do a spartan Trifecta again 🙂 And obviously get better at my roundhouse kicks!
3. What are some of your successes since becoming a RockBox member
Learning the correct techniques of throwing punches and kicks!
4. When did you join RockBox?
Proud to say I am a founding member!!
5. What was your previous fitness program/ activity?
I did a bootcamp class when I lived back in MA last year! Then I lost track of working out when I moved until I found Rock Box!
6. About you: Where are you from, what do you do, what are your interests?
I am from Massachusetts! (GO PATS!) I work for a company called Headbands Of Hope — for every headband sold we donate a headband to a child with cancer. I am always the one in class with a different headband on! My interests are being a dog mommy to two rescue pups and doing outdoorsy activities with them and my husband! My husband and I got married last year and moved to NC for a new adventure!
7. What’s your favorite boxing combination?
Jab cross slip roll hook hook 🙂
8. What’s your least favorite functional exercise?
Any and all abs
9. What’s your favorite healthy meal or snack?
Grapes and cheese — does cheese count as healthy? 🙂
10. What’s your favorite part about being a RockBox Member?
The community and always feeling like part of a team! I also love the couches who constantly keep me motivated!