Member Spotlight – Nathan Roberts
1. What made you want to join RockBox Fitness Mooresville?
My wife talked me into it. She joined the 6 week challenge as a founding member and told me I needed to join so we could hold each other accountable. I had a desire to get into better shape so I went to a free class and then signed up for a membership.
2. What are your fitness goals?
Improve overall health, lose weight and reduce stress.
3. What are some of your successes since becoming a RockBox member
I lost 27 lbs in my first 6 weeks, reduced my resting heart rate by 10 bpm, reduced my blood pressure and reduced my overall stress levels. When I joined I could barely make it through a class and now am in much better shape and look forward to each class.
4. When did you join RockBox?
I joined the second week RockBox opened in Mooresville.
5. What was your previous fitness program/ activity?
Running and Mountain Biking.
6. About you: Where are you from, what do you do, what are your interests?
I currently live in Mooresville, NC however am originally from Iowa. I am Director of Operations for a manufacturing company named Columbus McKinnon. I enjoy going to RockBox, running, Mtn Biking, backpacking/camping, and wake surfing/wake boarding on Lake Norman.
7. What’s your favorite boxing combination?
On the tear drop bag- Jab, Cross, upper cut, upper cut, knee, knee, burpee.
8. What’s your least favorite functional exercise?
I don’t have a least favorite. Some are more challenging than others but I like trying them all.
9. What’s your favorite healthy meal or snack?
Egg white omelet with onions, peppers, and mushrooms.
10. What’s your favorite part about being a RockBox Member?
I enjoy the people and camaraderie. We have a great group of people in the 5:30 am class that make it a lot of fun. Combine that with some great coaches and assistant coaches and it’s an encouraging and fun environment.
I also like the fact that my wife and I go to RockBox together. This is the first group workout thing we have ever done together and both enjoyed.